Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Ugly Truth

We began talking about sex trafficking in our geography class and I really didn't know how much of a problem this actually was. I knew it existed, but I didn't know it happened every day and so often, especially not to little 3 year old girls. Learning about this topic made me more informed and definitely more aware of what goes on around the world, and even in my own city, every single day. Many women and children are bought and sold into slavery every single day. The fact that this happens around me every day made me a bit uncomfortable just because I wasn't very much aware of this, but the more I learned about it, the more I wanted to know. Some of the stories that I've read about, most of them about children, are really sad and have touched me in a way I never thought possible. It just makes me realize that I have to be thankful for the live I have been given because there are many people and children out there that have no control over their lives and live each and every day suffering and wishing they had any life other than the ones they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment